Margin Trading. Vanished?

extension

(Trust Yourselves ) #1

Hello NEXERS,

For anyone that doesn’t know. The promise of Margin Trading was one of the initial attractions that brought news of NEX to so many people.
Margin Trading is a huge feature that would bring massive volume to neon-exchange.

But the vision of having this feature seems to have vanished.
What happened to the teams plans with having Margin Trading?

I was watching a YouTube review of NEX from last January.
Its interesting to see how the teams goals have changed. Lately there isn’t a single mention of Margin Trading on the website or the whitepaper.

Last January Margin Trading was present in the Whitepaper
Has the team given up on the idea? Is it too complex for them to create? Are the team quitting on some of their ideas?

I hope it’s the case of waiting for a licence. But regardless, it’s vision has vanished. I hope other visions don’t begin to vanish as well.
@ethan @canesin

Ps. Can we even call market orders and limit orders ‘complex trades’ anymore?
Mostly all exchanges do these trades now.
In terms of Features/Trades/UI etc… new users won’t care if they’re using a decentralised exchange or not.

Dont get me wrong. I’m a huge nex fan. This is harsh love. (we make each other stronger this way)

(Ethan Fast) #2

The vision is not gone. We are legally not able to do margin trading until we acquire more licenses.

(Trust Yourselves ) #3

Great to hear. Thanks for your reply :blush:

(Fvivif) #4

Had the same question and seeing Ethan reply’s this fast is great!

(Trust Yourselves ) #5

Agreed. I think we all prefer posts like this. Instead of narrow minded posts on current prices and irrelevant topics.

(Fvivif) #6

If margin trading comes, will stakers profit from this?

(Trust Yourselves ) #7

Yeah. The buying and selling of margins will pass through the matching engine. Its just like a normal buy and a normal sell. Its the configuration of funds used to buy the margin that’s different.

(Harrison P) #8

Thanks mate for noticing, and for bringing it up so that others that would speculate can have there answer in the forum thanks to Ethan’s fast reply!

That is good to know Margin Trading is still part of the plan. :smiley:

(David Golf) #9

Very good news. Thank you Ethan.

(David Golf) #10

This is exciting news also. Thanks!