I’ve written two articles on NEX and why I believe it will succeed, but I also wanted to discuss some of my reservations with the project; what I am about to write is speculative and out of ignorance so if it sounds too negative or harsh I apologize in advance.
- There is a disconnect between what NEX team members have shared, and what is available to the community:
- “NEX will actually deliver on the hype of 3 blessings”
- “we have plans for generating enormous volume/liquidity”
- “NEX will be bigger than Binance for sure”
These are quotes shared by team members on NEO discord in the past few months, and yet, a majority of community members STILL have not seen a prototype (only a handful selected and have remained silent due to NDA…a good thing). I love the confidence by NEX, and truly believe there should be secrecy to protect innovation, but all we (non-NDAers) have to go on right now is the three screenshots shared at NEO DevCon and other presentations.
With regard to generating “enormous volume/liquidity” I see Fathomlabs (one of your partners) specializes in “market making”; perhaps that will not be their role for NEX, but if so, what have they done for other projects?
- I believe NEX has one of the best technical and development teams,bar none, in blockchain. What about the business side of the platform? Who is liaising between the real world needs for a trading exchange (OTC, institutional clients, etc.)? I see Muzzammil Zaveri as an advisor; what role does/did he play?
In another post, a team member shared marketing will commence once the product is live. How do you balance that with drumming up excitement pre-launch?
- I hate to beat a dead horse, but an updated projection on an exchange launch would provide clarity. I know the team’s response to this is “when it’s ready”; but I think that’s too broad. I’d rather the team provide an ETA on this, then delay it due to XYZ factor; Binance DEX has a Q1 projection, and BAKKT has a January 24th launch.
At one point, the team expressed confidence it might be able to launch by end of Q3, then a bunch of improvements were made, and now an exhaustive security audit by multiple firms. When I hear “when it’s ready” it sounds like a launch might slip into Q1 due to the audits (NEO security audit by Red4Sec happened over 3 months; will this be the same for NEX?).